March Madness has officially begun! Each year, our friends debate the best places in town to watch the games. Here’s our list (in no particular order):
- Taphouse on the Edge (in the old Between the Buns) – This is new to the scene this year and is owned by the same folks who own Chicory Cafe. They have mugs of bacon and TONS of TVs. Plus, it’s lively.
- O’Rourke’s – Standard Irish-themed bar, but it has a festive atmosphere. If St. Paddy’s Day falls during March Madness, avoid this place at all costs
- Wings, Etc. – Lots of TVs, wings and waffle fries.
- Rocky River Tap and Table – Excellent food and lots of TVs. This isn’t a sports bar so it’ll be much quieter. Jane says they have the best desserts if you need sugar while watching basketball.
- Mitch’s Sports Bar – Excellent dive bar with a rowdy sports-loving crowd, but it’s very smoky.
- Villa Macri – It has a sports amphitheater and Italian food.
- CJ’s Pub – Excellent burgers and cheap beer.
- Smokestack Brew – Great afternoon viewing, with good food, lots of TVs, and excellent service. They have live music beginning at 9pm on weekends making it difficult to hear.
- Buffalo Wild Wings and Brother’s – If you’re okay with chain establishments, both of these places have a ton of TVs and a rowdy crowd.
What bars are we missing?